Another key feature of Schoology® is the ease of using Español Santillana’s Online Assessments, customizing them, and even creating your own.
In the Materials list, navigate to the Online Assessment folder. Open the folder and select your assessment. If you click on the blue title, you’ll see the default, preset assessment.
By default, all assessments are hidden from student view.
To Assign an Assessment, you must simply make it visible to students.
1. Once you have opened the quiz or test by following the instructions above, click on the Settings tab at the top.
2. In the Availability menu, choose Available now, or to specify a window of time during which students may access the quiz, choose Available now until…
or Available from… until…
3. If the test or quiz contains sections that will require students to write words in Spanish, you will probably want to set the Language Keyboard option to Spanish while assigning the Assessment. This will display a miniature keyboard of special and accented characters that students can use while taking the assessment. You will probably also want to choose “Yes” under View Submissions so that students can see what they answered after the quiz and learn from any mistakes.
To assign a due date to an Assessment, navigate to the quiz or test in the Materials index.
1. Click on the gear icon next to the quiz name. Choose Edit.
2. In the Due date field, choose the date you want the assessment to be due. Click Save changes.